Traceability is used to track a product throughout its lifecycle by linking a barcode such that the product is identified by its barcode in the manufacturing industries.This process goes through manufacturing, processing, distribution and handling of products and goods.
The details of the product will be saved in the database enabling easy access and identification of the parts. This contains individual code for each component like subassembly code, system code, final assembly code.
Traceability includes Online tracing, order management tool, test certificate generation as well as traceability software.
Manufacturing industries contain various sections in the assembly line like inventory management, component marking, product labelling, packaging, cartoon pallet labelling. The assembly contains a physical flow of traceable items along with a unique barcode. The barcode contains desired information about the product.
During the process, online tracing is deployed across the plant with unique number generation. First, this needs to trace the flow of materials.
Traceability is used for tracking the PCB, Bessel assembly and order management tool is used to manage the orders like creating order and viewing orders. Every component can be tracked through online and offline software.
- Manufacturing industries.
- Automobile industries.
- Pharmaceutical industries.
- Retailing/Point of sale
- Warehouse/ distribution centre
- Traceability will indicate the history of manufacturing, origin of the parts as well as distribution and location of the product.
- This allows you to easily detect faulty parts and unsafe products.
- This reduces production wastage.
- Information can be retrieved easily using the barcode.
- This acts as a risk-management tool.
Related links :